Wondering what to wear in San Francisco in July? Well, unlike most places, San Francisco can be a little cooler in July than most places, so it is important to plan for many different types of weather. Even if the temperature reaches into the 80s during the day, you can be sure that evening and nighttime temperatures will drop into the high 50s F (14 C). As Mark Twain famously wrote, “The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco.”
Our recommendation! With a light jacket or windbreaker, jeans and shirts, you should be comfortable during your trip.
As always, don’t forget to pack some comfortable walking shoes!
What to do in July:
1. Watch a concert
· Cheap Trick | July 6th
· Paul McCartney | July 10th
· Seal | July 12th, 13th
· Shawn Mendes | July 13th, 14th
· Rick Springfield/Tommy Tutone | July 13th
· Adam Lambert/Queen | July 14th
· Slash | July 15th
· Beck / Cage the Elephant | July 16th
· The Raconteurs | July 23rd, 24th
· Pat Benatar/Melissa Etheridge | July 23rd
· Rascal Flatts | July 25th
· Bowling for Soup/Reel Big Fish | July 25th
· Slipknot | July 26th
· Styx | July 30th
· Michael McDonald | July 30th
3. Want to get out of the heat? How about a play? The SF Playhouse is located in our building! Cabaret is playing through September 14th – Get $10 Off with your Room key. Also enjoy Happy Hour Tuesday – Thursday from 5:30 to 6:30 and on Friday’s from 5:30 to 7:30 for Small bits, Discount on Beverages, and Complimentary Snack Baskets.
4. Avid Runner? Don’t miss the San Francisco Marathon – Sunday July 28th – www.thesfmarathon.com
5. Celebrate Independence Day – www.pier39.com
6. Attend Union Square Live – www.unionsquarelive.org